Looking for a hall to rent in Nanaimo? The parish hall of St Michael the Archangel Catholic Parish is available for rent for meetings, classes, or social events. The hall is located next to the church, at 4017 Victoria Avenue, just off Island Highway, at the south end of Long Lake. To enquire about hall rentals, please use our online form.
The parish hall is divided into two large rooms (approx. 736 and 620 square feet, respectively) with a sliding partition. Folding tables and stacked chairs are available. City fire regulations limit the occupancy to 132 people. There is a large and well-equipped kitchen (approx. 180 square feet) with two ovens and gas ranges, refrigerators, a dishwasher, a selection of cooking pots, serving dishes, and tableware. There are two restrooms for women, and one for men.
The hall is rented for a minimum block of three hours, with each additional hour (or part thereof) charged at an hourly rate. Use of the kitchen is covered by a surcharge. Rates are as follows:
Non-profit organisations and charitable events
- Hall rental = $40 for the first three-hour block
- Additional time = $10 per hour
- Surcharge for light kitchen use* = $10
- Surcharge for heavy kitchen use** = $35
For-profit and social events
- Hall rental = $50 for the first three-hour block
- Additional time = $20 per hour
- Surcharge for light kitchen use* = $15
- Surcharge for heavy kitchen use** = $50
* Light kitchen use would cover making of coffee or tea, use of cups and saucers, serving dishes and tableware for e.g. cakes and cookies brought from elsewhere, and use of dishwasher.
** Heavy kitchen use would cover any cooking on the premises, use of pots and pans, cooking and serving utensils, etc..
Parish members receive a 40% discount on the above rates.
The parish hall is made available under a rental agreement. Some terms are negotiable: if you have specific questions or requests — for instance, regarding setting up of tables and chairs —, please discuss these with the rental coordinator before finalizing the agreement. For some uses a damage deposit may be required.